Estonian Museum Association
Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu, tel 735 0412
Viru-Jaagupi Museum is located in a three-storey former schoolhouse made of flagstone. The building itself is worth seeing as a former school (1908 – 2001). The schoolhouse is surrounded by beautiful scenery; a cenotaph of the artist brothers Raud can be found in the yard.
The local lore museum allows walking in a room of an old farmhouse (a battle club of church boys, a cradle and a chest for clothes), in a kiln-drying room (flax brake, cards, flails, harnesses) and in a technical room (TVs, radios, cameras, typewriters, computers). Some old radios are functioning. One can also try typewriting. Items resting in cupboards are displayed in the exhibition room.
Back to the list