Estonian Museum Association
Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu, tel 735 0412
The cement museum is located in the former cement factory’s office building.
The museum visitor:
- gets to know, why and how human started manufacturing rock by himself;
- in which ways were the antique Roman and modern architectural pearls built;
- meets the modern cement industry;
- can go through a gigantic turning-stove and experience the feeling which the clinker has when rotating in the stove;
- enjoy interesting Do-It-Yourself activities in the hobby room;
- hike on the old industrial terrain of Kunda;
- see the only preserved bottle-stove in Europe used for producing cement, Estonia’s oldest hydroelectric power plant and the beautiful ancient valley of the river Kunda.
Back to the list