Estonian Museum Association
Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu, tel 735 0412
The museum is located in a former fire station. The museum was built over the basement of a former stable of the pastorate; it was complete in 1934. The museum was opened in 1999 to mark the 100th anniversary of Järva-Jaani Fire Fighting Service. The museum houses collections which cover the history of fire fighting through the artefacts from the previous century to the present day, including, among others, restored fire engines.
Also, there is a little cinematography museum and shelter for old machinery (special vehicles).
Back to the list