Estonian Museum Association
Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu, tel 735 0412
The Vastseliina Local Lore Museum is housed in the building of a former parish school dating back to 1883. The collection comprises household utensils and agricultural equipment, commodities, handicraft items, documents and photographs. The exposition is divided between six exhibition rooms: a room for flax and wool processing, women’s handicraft, men’s handicraft, a room in a farmhouse, a classroom and the room of the local lord of the manor von Liphart. The latter room displays the furniture, the cottage piano and some personal items that belonged to von Liphart.
Back to the list